Friday, January 28, 2022

Technology hates me

 Wordle 223 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday my office's network was down. I couldn't do anything for the actual job and neither could anyone else. I took care of a corporate training requirement and otherwise just read and did personal stuff until it came back. 

I finally got that new phone. The phone itself is fine, and transferring my data went better than I expected overall even if not quite perfectly. I'm annoyed that they've changed the charger cord, so I need to buy a new set of adapters for it (already bought a wall adapter for it, but I also want some way to plug it into the car and maybe my computer), and either throw away the old one or add yet another one to the heap of maybe useless chargers and peripherals. Also, I was able to get a case for the new phone, but the store was out of stock on screen protectors. I ordered one. It's due to arrive in about a week. It came with one of those standard clear foil covers and I hoped that would last until the protector I ordered arrived, but it only lasted about four hours. Now my new phone looks worse than my old one ever did, with wrinkles in the cheap protector and tape around it to keep it from getting any worse. 

The office network came back up in stages. I was able to do some kind of work a little before 2, but full functionality didn't come back before I had to log off for the day. 

Among the problems with the new phone are linking my headphones to them. I had a pretty convenient Bluetooth setup on the old phone but haven't got it to work so far on the new one. I missed listening in on an all-hands meeting yesterday because of that. I'm not in trouble but it sounds like the news was actually interesting/useful for once. Oh well.

Yesterday evening the kid had a guitar lesson. Then I made a quick dinner. Then I had an unusually quick meeting online following up on this - more meetings than usual but we're trying to actually get something done. Then I put the kid to bed. The new bedtime plan is going okay.

Last night was rough. She got up around 2 AM and didn't go back to sleep in her own bed until almost 4, I think.

No comments: