Sunday, June 04, 2023

Camping highs and lows

Wordle 715 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning we left in the mid-morning for a Scouts BSA camping trip. We forgot nothing, sort of. 5 minutes after leaving the house I thought we had forgotten sunscreen and went back for them... but we didn't! They were buried in the bottom of a bag that was packed early. We didn't bring a broom, but we knew from the start we'd be able to borrow it. We got breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, including coffee, and it was later than usual so we were all kind of grouchy by that point.

When we got there, we took a wrong turn near the end; I had plugged in directions to the wrong campsite. Fine, 5 minutes lost. When we got where we should be, we found that the first activity was actually an hour earlier than we had thought. Whoops. 

I got the tent pitched myself while the kid did Scout-type activities and T. helped with lunch. After that it was fine, although tiring. I went to bed not expecting to get a good night's sleep, but not minding as long as I was off my feet. 

I was right. In addition to snoring, the camp was loud. Forget about kids; grown-ups were partying. T. suggested not going next year, or at least not spending the night, and I agreed.

We came home around noon and all got cleaned up and unpacked and stuff.

No comments: