Thursday, June 08, 2023

Resting on my laurels

Wordle 719 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school fine yesterday. 

The big event of the day was an interview for the school board in the late morning. My application is advancing. I drove there because I worried about getting sweaty in my unusually formal attire (it's been a while!) or simply being late. When I did, I found a parking ticket on the car. Ugh. I screwed up street sweeping the night before.

I think the interview went well enough. I had answers and kept them professional. The board members seemed to like them. It's too early to say for sure, if only because there are more candidates. If there is a next step, it will be meetings with more board members. I might hear as early as next week. 

That was the big event of the day. I didn't get much else done. I stayed generally responsive at work but there wasn't much going on and I didn't get ahead of things. I did all the weekly chores in Warcraft on my warlock, but that's obviously not important...

Around 4, i.e. at the last minute, I cleaned the kitchen and biked over to the library to return a book and pick up a DVD set T. had reserved. This was my exercise for yesterday, and probably today too; the air quality is so bad, everyone is saying not to jog.

Then home quickly. Then to the school to get the kid for her guitar lesson.

Dinner was tilapia, the easiest pan-fried recipe, and green beans, a new recipe I found with garlic and pine nuts. I burned them a bit but even so I liked it. 

Yesterday afternoon and evening I felt like I should have been in a worse mood. I didn't get much done yesterday and got a parking ticket; why wasn't I miserable? Maybe the good night's sleep the night before made a big difference, maybe feeling like the interview went well carried me, or maybe my mood is totally irrational.

No comments: