Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Jury duty

Wordle 738 5/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I got up at the usual time, but instead of logging in to work at the dining room table I got dressed in business casual, had breakfast promptly, and caught a bus to jury duty.

I don't miss being outside in DC heat in business casual attire. I might not have done it at all since COVID (been to the office a few times, but in the winter or by bike) and it was never my routine at all, except for getting lunch. I occasionally feel silly wearing shorts everywhere at my age, but pants suck in this heat. 

Jury duty itself was uneventful. I read. I almost finished the novel I brought with me, Antigoddess. It was fine (but like I said, not actually done yet). I also read stuff online and commented on Reddit and Unfogged. I might elaborate more later; I kept detailed notes.

Lunch was a leisurely two hours. I was dismissed around 4:30 indeterminately. They haven't finished selecting the jury. I'm one of about 35 people asked to come back today; I still might or might not be needed for the trial.

After I got home I checked in at work briefly to update people. 

Dinner was steaks, grilled, and a salad. T. and I watched Renfield. It was funny.

No comments: