Saturday, June 10, 2023

Going to Rhode Island

Wordle 721 5/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜

🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜

🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I got up at 5:45, which is actually better sleep than usual. Exercise seemed like a bad idea - in addition to air quality, I wanted to save energy and avoid getting dirty first thing - and I'm taking the day off, so I spent the morning playing WoW. Generally minor productive/rewarding stuff.

I took the kid to school normally. We left the house almost an hour after that. (I had hoped to leave right away, but T. took some time to get ready.) On Thursday, Google Maps said the trip would take 6 and a half hours. When we left at almost 10 AM Friday, Google Maps said it would be a little over 7 hours. We actually got there around 7 PM. We made a couple stops but traffic contributed more than them.

Dinner was sushi. After that, T. crashed, she still isn't feeling well. I was a bit torn but ultimately decided to go to the "welcome event". It was fun. I didn't stay long, it started late and was a 20-plus minute drive so I only had one drink, but even so it was nice connecting with people, including some I hadn't seen in a very long time. 

No comments: