Saturday, June 24, 2023

Data call, biweekly reports, other stuff

Wordle 735 5/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First thing yesterday morning I did a data call on our team's work over the past six months. It makes us look good and when my manager responded that afternoon she had no follow-up questions. Can't complain. 

Most of the work was on the usual biweekly report. It was... average. One team's report came in after 11 AM, so it wasn't great, but hey, only one. 

Around 1 in the afternoon I went jogging. I meant to go earlier, but I tried to take care of just one thing first and it took longer than expected, and then someone messaged me about a quick question that took more than 10 minutes, and so on. I just jogged the minimal route, but anything is better than nothing.

In addition I did a little more catch-up on stuff that had been put off, and dealt with new requests, some of them ambiguous or poorly thought out. Our workload is just plain high these days and people don't do their part enough.

T. came home around 5. We thought of a few options for dinner but ultimately went with the option I had planned all along, chicken and roasted broccoli.

Afterwards we tried to get dessert, but Rita's was closed, apparently for good. That's sad. We considered a few other options but settled for ice cream by the pint from the Family Dollar. Lazy but good and simple. Maybe we'll do adventurous stuff next week, we're still taking it easy... 

In the evening in World of Warcraft I did my fifth dungeon for the week to get the last 15 points or so I needed for Keystone Master. Good for me. This is one of my two seasonal goals. Not feeling great about Ahead of the Curve, though. Still doable but it's definitely become a struggle.

No comments: