Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Jury Duty, Day Two

Wordle 739 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜

Thus endeth the streak. No mistakes, except maybe not being careful enough, I just didn't get it right. Maybe I should rethink my strategy a bit.

First thing yesterday morning I went jogging. The "medium" route. Good for me. Jury duty didn't start until 10:30, so I attended my weekly team meeting at work. I feel ambivalent about this, like I should be taking more advantage of the jury duty to set better work/life limits, but my team and manager are all reasonable people and we're busy lately, so I felt I could put in an hour or two.

Then, jury duty. It took them two hours to let me and the others not selected go. I finished Antigoddess while waiting. It was fun. If we had the two sequels, I'd read them next, but we don't and I'm trying to avoid buying new stuff. Maybe I can find them at the library.

By the time I got home it would be after lunch either way, so I treated myself to an overpriced chicken sandwich from a place on H St. I didn't log on work the minute I got back, so I did set some balance... 

Work in the afternoon was fine. Sent a few emails, followed up on a few things, etc. 

Dinner was tilapia and cauliflower. T. and I settled in early and watched a movie: The Menu. Weird.

No comments: