Sunday, April 24, 2022

Long day

 Wordle 309 3/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I went jogging in the morning. Then we had just coffee and toast for breakfast before a neighborhood cleanup event. We filled one and a half trash bags from the streets of a couple boxes. After that, the usual pancakes and bacon for brunch. 

Lots of laundry yesterday, since we we won't be able to do much today. 

The kid got on our nerves. While I did laundry in the kitchen and cleaned and T. gardened, the kid didn't want to help either of us. She only wanted to watch TV or do gymnastics directly in my way. A tantrum was thrown. T. got her to have a little quiet time. I also spent a lot of time picking and planning two new recipes for dinner. When we got to a good stopping point on the kitchen stuff and gardening, we all went shopping. As soon as T. saw the shopping list, she declared she didn't like eggplant (I knew it wasn't her favorite, but I thought there were some recipes with it she'd put up with), so one of those recipes will have to be revised... 

Fortunately, the kid's friend was able to come over and play with her a little after we got back. Very fortunately, they kept out of our hair. Dinner was the other of those new recipes: Mexican pizza, designed to imitate a Taco Bell recipe I guess. It was better than it sounds, but still messy and a lot of work.

No comments: