Thursday, April 21, 2022

Woo hoo

 Wordle 306 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to work and did a little grocery shopping on the way home. At 10:30, I finished The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I'll say I can see why it's a classic. Anything else would be a spoiler. 

In the late morning I biked to the barber's to get a long-overdue haircut. Work today around those events was productive but uneventful. I didn't make all that much progress on the actual SOP with SME interest that I'm working on. However, I contributed in a meeting, made progress on a couple other documents, and got through two of the trainings I'm due for in the next month. (I was fairly proud of getting them done a month in advance! And I got a perfect score on the test of one of them!) Late in the day we got a request for a new document. What the SME might be the most polished thing we've ever got. I had very minor edits and one question, which were resolved in time to complete it yesterday. I logged off around 4 and went jogging. 

I did all this thinking I was entitled to restart World of Warcraft, but I wanted to get a few things taken care of first. I was so responsible it scares me.

Traffic was a bit bad when we went to get the kid, but we've seen worse. Dinner was a new casserole-type recipe. The kid helped make it. It was an assignment but she genuinely helped and wasn't too difficult about it. 

If not for burning the new recipe, and the kid making bedtime difficult, it would have been a perfect day.

Exercise

This was the first time I thought of using the app while biking the kid to school, in addition to jogging. The distance seems to be 1.25 miles. The app automatically pauses while stopped. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's better as a measure of distance but worse as a matter of time, and I use my bike for errands and actually getting around often enough that the latter is also relevant. Also, the low numbers for time and calories are a reminder that biking really isn't all that much exercise, at least on city streets, when compared to running.

No comments: