Monday, April 25, 2022

Tired

 Wordle 310 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm tired. There was one wrong letter in that third guess, unintentionally. Oh well, 5 guesses isn't bad for me.

Went jogging yesterday morning. Added a couple blocks to the route. Good for me for trying something new, but the new route is probably less practical overall so it probably won't become the routine. On Sundays I usually make scrambled eggs and  home fries, but there are always leftovers and I wanted to try something new, so I tried a "Spanish tortilla" recipe I found in a vegetarian cookbook I've been using a lot lately - basically scrambled eggs and potatoes together. It turned out OK. After getting cleaned up I took the kid to the park for a few minutes and watched her climb around the jungle gym. 

In the afternoon, the wedding. It was a lot of fun, and the most formal event we've been to in the past two years, which isn't saying much - held in the bride and groom's backyard, the bride's dress had a rainbow pattern. But still, I had to get out my fancy black leather shoes and polish them, or rather dust them, and T. had to get the right jewelry out of the safe, and it all took longer than expected. The kid was the ring bearer and it went fine. The couple wrote their own vows but the ceremony had a few traditional elements as well. And then, the party. The kid was the ring bearer and had fun playing with the flower girls after the ceremony. Then they killed it on the dance floor. "I think I just became famous!" she told the bride. 

She got to bed around 10, well after her bedtime. I didn't sleep well due to T. snoring. This morning the kid wasn't actually badly behaved, but was very tired. We all are.

No comments: