Saturday, April 02, 2022

A good Friday is rare

 Wordle 287 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we drove the kid to school, but the traffic was so good, I almost didn't regret not getting exercise. T. had the day off; maybe a lot of other people did too? But it was a normal workday for me, so we dropped the kid off at school, she dropped me off at home and went to get herself breakfast and run an errand or two. 

The rest of the team at work yesterday was unimpressed by my eureka moment the day before yesterday. I'm not actually sure if they should have been or not, but I couldn't dwell on it, because it was the biweekly report day. The new system and template for them seems good overall. Minor problems with a part of it that was new this week. If we could actually get the submissions by close of business Thursday when they're due, one person could finish this whole job by noon. As it is we got the last two reports a little after 11 AM, and I was in a meeting at the time, and I think a peer review is still valuable anyways. 

I took care of some minor stuff in the afternoon after finishing my work on that, and logged off early to go with T. to see The Lost City. It was fun. We had the theater to ourselves. Obviously the past two years haven't been great for movies, and I guess a 2 PM showing on a weekday would be a particularly unpopular time. After that we stopped by a bookstore on the way home and picked up a book T. had ordered, and I found the sequel to A Deadly Education. I logged back in at work for a few minutes just to make it a full day and follow up on a couple things. Then we went to get the kid. We were a couple minutes late for that, and a couple minutes late for getting her to gymnastics class. Oh well; she didn't miss that much. Today's class had a bit of a show for parents at the start before the actual class began. T. and I went to the nearby bookstore during the actual class. T. got herself something plus a few books for the kid that would be a bit more challenging. After class ended, burritos for dinner.

No comments: