Sunday, April 17, 2022

Back home

Wordle 302 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Good for me. Based on the numbers before and after I left, skipping days doesn't count as a loss, but does reset any streak. In hindsight I wouldn't expect otherwise, but I didn't know it before I left.

Didn't exercise yesterday, because we had to leave the in-laws' house by 7 to catch our plane. Even then we barely made it. The San Francisco airport was frantic. T. is in that TSA pre-check system and I'm not and I really do need to fix that. Not that the security line was the main problem but it's still frustrating to get separated like that. But, in the end, we got on the planes as scheduled and had seats together, so it worked out. Barely. 

I forgot to mention it earlier but on Thursday I finished The Escape Artist, the book I borrowed from the library. So I can start the book I got at the signing event whenever I feel like it. On the plane I read more than half of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I also watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It was fun. I also watched half of the Venom sequel, but got distracted by dealing with the kid. She got bored with the movies and TV shows we had downloaded for her and frustrated with her games and refused to read any of the books. In the end we played Mad Libs and that wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if we should have prepared better - better choices of shows and games? A new book just for the flight? - or if there was no way to keep her from getting frustrated after six hours in a plane. 

The flight landed around 9. Dinner was pizza leftover from lunch, and a risotto from the freezer. Due to jet lag, the kid didn't get to sleep until after midnight. Ugh.

No comments: