Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A tiring day

Wordle 389 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I went jogging in the mid-morning, right before a meeting, so I had to take it sweaty and shirtless. The benefits of working from home! I really do want to cut back on that, though. Professionalism aside, I don't want to get my headphones sweaty, which means I can't do it while T. had a meeting. She didn't have one scheduled but one actually came unexpectedly so she had to put the headphones on.

I had two other meetings yesterday, too. I wasn't the primary tech writer on either one, but I listened to both for general awareness, and I had a contribution to make on one of them. I also had a few personal chores to deal with too, PTA stuff and corresponding with an architect about the I mentioned here we're hoping to do. (It's still in the early planning stages.) So I was busy. And the weather was hot and muggy, and turned to a storm around 6. In brief, it was tiring.

But we had evening plans and our childlessness is nearing its end and we wanted to take advantage of it, so we kept the evening plans. I dropped T. off at a bar on 14th Street where she met some other parents at our school for a going-away party for one (the family is moving to Germany for work or something like that). Then I drove to another bar where I met our former neighbor J. for a happy hour. It was OK. The bar itself wasn't great. Decent beer but nothing special and kind of expensive, and we didn't want to get wasted anyway, since we both happened to drive. But it was nice catching up with him. I haven't done something like that in a while. I rarely see him without both of our spouses, and other than seeing this guy I don't know if I've gone out for fun without T. since before the pandemic.

No comments: