Thursday, July 28, 2022

Jumping back into things

Wordle 404 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

And then there's this. I forgot about that first yellow letter in the second guess until the end. Definitely human error there.

Yesterday we left my parent's house around 9. We stopped for a bathroom break around 11, in a dingy out-of-the-way truck stop in upstate New York. It was the kind of place that caters to truckers specifically rather than commuters or families on trips, with shower facilities and construction tools by the snacks. We wouldn't have encountered it if we had planned better - T. and I had a miscommunication about how urgently a bathroom break was needed. After that I started driving again. I wish I hadn't, because I didn't want to stop in New Jersey due to the gas system there. I just barely made it through that state and T. took over at the next stop.

For dinner, we scrounged. We had dumplings from a big Costco bag and a paneer tikka masala (?) from Trader Joe's, split three ways. Lazy, but we were tired and needed to go shopping, but on the other hand weren't hungry enough to need/want takeout.

Three covid tests after we got home came back negative. A pleasant surprise considering our exposure

Bedtime for the kid was hard. It was my turn. After sitting with her for over 20 minutes, I decided it was time to try her going to sleep without us in the room. I like to think I could have handled the tears, but T. couldn't, and I went back up to sit with her rather than not handle my "turn."

No comments: