Monday, July 25, 2022

Need a NYT account for Wordle records

Wordle 401 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨

⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning me, my sister, and two of my cousins went jogging. My sister led us on a loop that I've biked and maybe walked a long time ago but never jogged. It was roughly 6 miles, longer than I've done before, and hillier than where I jog in the city. I made it. I was bringing up the rear the whole time, but I made it. Unfortunately, I didn't think to use my phone's app until about a mile in, so my phone doesn't think it's a record. (Oh well, I know it was a record in my heart of hearts...) I was exhausted for quite a while afterwards and I'm still sore now (and to be just a bit positive for once, I'm not as sore as I thought I might be), but hey, I made it. 

After that we basically just relaxed. The kid played with her cousin. We all had a buffet-style breakfast. 

We are spending as much time outside as possible because two people here have tested positive for covid. My parents called us in the late morning Saturday to let us know that my dad's youngest sister's husband had tested positive. My dad's other sister and her boyfriend had also tested positive and weren't coming because of that. When we got the call, we were already in NJ, and we figured we might as well keep going. We wish they had let us know earlier but apparently they tried and it didn't go through. Yesterday morning my dad's younger sister also tested positive. T. and I talked about what to do but ultimately decided to stay. We didn't feel up for driving home Sunday and hotels in the area seem pricey, so we'd live with the risk. 

In the early afternoon we took the kids swimming. My sister said the local pool would be open but it wasn't, so instead we went to a good swimming hole in the river. It was cool. I rarely went there myself as a kid, actually. I had others I liked more, but a flood 10 years ago had changed things and now this was apparently the best.

Afterwards there was a little concert in my parent's backyard. After that, my dad's oldest sister's boyfriend played chess against all comers. He beat my youngest cousin, my second-youngest cousin's boyfriend, and me. 

Dinner was pizza. It was OK. We went to bed earlyish by our standards, although roughly the same as everyone else here. It had been a long day.

No comments: