Monday, July 11, 2022

Overdoing it

Wordle 387 5/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Should have got that in four...

Yesterday I almost felt recovered from that cold, so I went jogging in the morning. I shortened the usual route a bit. We were going to meet a friend for brunch, but he twisted his ankle Saturday (on our steps - whoops!) so he cancelled. So instead it was just T. and I. The place was nice. The bloody marys and mimosas were good and cheap and we had some time to kill before the agreed-upon time to drop something off at a friend's house nearby, so we each had two drinks. 

We took the bus there, but the app said there would be a long wait for a bus back, so we walked back. It was 1.7 miles, which is a reasonable walk by itself. 

At home in the early afternoon we did the laundry and a couple other odd jobs around the house. Around 3 we went to Lowe's to get new blinds for our bedroom, since our cheap plastic ones were falling apart. Then we went to a local brewery we liked for its going-out-of-business sale. Sad. Parking was hard to find and we stocked up on on their beer we liked or were willing to try.

Dinner was orange chicken from Trader Joe's with some vegetables added as a stir-fry. Easy enough. I had one of those new beers with it, which was unusually strong.

Between all the time on my feet, and the carrying beer and other odd jobs, my feet were killing me by bedtime. On the other hand, with all the alcohol, I was feeling fairly numb! This morning conditions would have been perfect to jog, in the 60s and a bit breezy, but I wanted to give my feet a break. Maybe I'll do it a bit later, maybe I'll do get exercise some other way, maybe I'll take the day off, I don't know.

No comments: