Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Freedom

Wordle 374 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I screwed up the 3rd guess and didn't use one of my yellow letters, but I'm not sure I would have got it in 4 anyway.

Yesterday morning was a typical Monday, except the kid was around all day. It was funny in the morning. She got up around 7, earlier than usual for school. This is normally a little annoying; I appreciate the time to myself in the morning, and if she gets up early, she usually wants to watch extra TV, and we try to put some kind of limits on that. Maybe she detected this in my tone of voice when I said good morning, because she immediately said, "I know it's early! I'm going back to bed because I'm still tired! I just came down to get water because there isn't any in my room!" I felt sorry for her. She is so judged, and despite some annoyances, she's a good kid. 

Work was OK despite having her around. Not busy. T., her mother, and I all took turns helping pack, cleaning, and playing games with her. 

We left to get them to the airport around 3, plenty of time for their 5:40 flight to California, where the kid is spending almost three weeks without us. After that, a quick stop at C.'s to get something the kid had left there. Then an early dinner at the Shake Shack in the mall. We also made an impulse buy of a small Lego set for the kid. 

And then... we relaxed. Played our games and watched TV until bedtime. We have a lot of fun planned for this child-free time, but yesterday we were both happy to decompress.

No comments: