Sunday, June 19, 2022

Weekends are tiring

Wordle 365 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That's cruel, NYT. (The word itself, not my performance at it.)

Yesterday was busy. I went jogging early and we had the usual pancakes and bacon. Then we got ready (quickly, because it was the last minute; maybe I should have done something simpler for breakfast?) for an end-of-school-year celebration. T. had signed up to help out and we were loaning them some lawn toys. (The ladder toss was a success, but I didn't get out the bocce set because I couldn't find a way to make a playing field for it, and it might be a bit dangerous for some of those kids anyway. And other people brought other things.) I spent the event chatting with the one dad there I knew best, which isn't saying much, and watching my kid on the jungle gym and the other kids with the lawn toys. I feel a bit antisocial about not getting to know anyone new, but, hell with it, I won't see any of them for the next two months if ever anyway. 

Right after that, T. had signed up for an exercise class with a friend, so I drove her to that. Then the kid and I went home and had a very quick lunch before I took her to the park to play with a friend she hadn't seen in a while. As soon as I got there, I found a voice mail from T. She had thought the exercise class would be yoga, and therefore she wore sandals, but no, it was something sneakers were required for. Whoops. So she was waiting for a bus to go home almost as soon as I dropped her off.

The kid had fun in the park for a while, but she soon came to me screaming. She had a blister on her palm and it had burst. In hindsight, after gymnastics class Friday night, and playing on the jungle gym at the school event, and just now, it's unsurprising. I walked her home and gave her a bandage. She got to play with her friend a little bit more. Then we noticed that we had left a laundry hamper at the park, intended for a clothing exchange, so I drove back to look for it with the kid. I didn't find it, but at least I got her out of the house for a few minutes while T. cleaned... Then we had our friend C. over for dinner. It was very simple: rice, a stir-fry, and soy chicken, from various kits. I would have made it fancier if I had planned on company when I last thought about shopping.

Then the kid went home with C. and T. and I had the evening to ourselves. It was fun. We went to two local bars and had cocktails. Extravagant.

Didn't sleep well last night. I think alcohol might make T.'s snoring worse, and I was a bit hung over myself.

No comments: