Sunday, June 26, 2022

Two parties

Wordle 372 3/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I didn't go jogging. Partly because I had a long day ahead of me and wanted to save my energy, mostly because my knee hurt.

Around 7 in the morning I got in the car and drove to a grocery store for the essentials of the kid's birthday party: cupcakes and ice. (And several other things, but those were needed for the party at the last minute.) After everyone else got up, breakfast was pancakes and bacon. My parents arrived around 11 and we all spent the morning getting ready for the party. Cleaning, moving the table, ordering pizza, stringing up the rope to hang the pinata from, carrying things over to the park... 

The party itself went as well as I could expect. T. suggested I get 3 pizza. I got 4, and 3.5 were eaten. I'm vindicated. On the other hand I wish I had got fewer cupcakes. We still have about 20 in the house. There were no major injuries or discipline incidents I'm aware of. Can't complain. I also got to meet the parents of some of the kid's classmates, and visit quite a bit with my old friend Paul. He lives out in the suburbs and has three kids, two under 5 (I think the middle one might have turned 5 recently, but the vaccine was only approved for 5-year-olds recently, so it didn't matter?), so covid has been particularly hard for them.

The party wound down around 3. The kid got to play with a friend who lingered a bit longer. The grownups just tried to clean up and relax. Dinner was tortellini and cauliflower, two classics, but the cauliflower was cooked a bit differently on the mother-in-law's advice. It was good. 

After that, we dropped the kid and her grandmother at a Smithsonian event, and then T. and I went to ANOTHER birthday party. This being the 40th party for a friend of ours. We got home around midnight. Fun but tiring. May add more details later.

No comments: