Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Hectic evening

Wordle 354 5/6

🟨🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to school and did a little shopping on the way home. The morning and early afternoon were fine. One meeting in that time period I attended, but only listened in on. The late afternoon was unexpectedly hectic, though. 

T. had a school-related meeting at 4. I had a meeting at 4 as well - not originally scheduled for then, hopefully I would have thought better than that, but it had been moved twice because an attendee kept having conflicts. I was playing WoW at the time and this was a meeting I was actually leading - whoops! I muddled through and it was productive, although admittedly starting a couple minutes late. 

And as soon as they were over we had to run out to get the kid because it was time for swim class. We discovered when we were halfway down the block that we had to switch drivers, because T. had her reading glasses on, so she couldn't see well enough to deal with traffic. (Later on we found that she couldn't read the license plate of the car directly in front of us when we were going less than 20 MPH. Good thing we discovered the problem early...) The kid was a bit annoyed when we got her because it was raining and we hadn't planned well around that, so she had been stuck outside part of that time. Oh well. But swim class went well. I jogged on the treadmill while she was in the pool. With a little experimenting I discovered that my phone's fitness app is thrown off by being moved around, so I figure it's probably less accurate than the treadmill's tracker. I can only hope my phone's app is accurate enough while running on the street.

Dinner was fried rice. Boring after all this time, but easy enough on days when we get home late. Maybe next week I'll have a slow cooker recipe ready.

No comments: