Monday, June 27, 2022

OK then

Wordle 373 2/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'll take the win!

Yesterday had a lot of little things going on instead of one big thing. In addition to the grandparents, in the morning we were visited by these friends. It was nice seeing them, but it was a bit awkward because they asked for either masks or sitting outside (in addition to general caution, they have health issues that make covid extra dangerous), so we started setting up chairs outside for everyone. Also, one of the kid's birthday presents was a gem-digging kit (basically, a block of soft clay or artificial sandstone with gems embedded in it, and a chisel and brush), which was messy, so we wanted that outside too. Hot despite the umbrella we set up, and moderately heavy lifting just getting all that lawn furniture out there. My knee is still a little swollen.

T.'s cousin from Richmond also came to visit, overlapping with the newlyweds. It was nice seeing them too. My parents brought most of lunch but T.'s cousins brought a beet-based salad, mostly from their garden. Cool. The friends didn't stay long, so at least things weren't too crowded and we could go inside eventually. 

In the mid-afternoon, the kid went to the park with most of the grownups. Only my mother and I stayed home. I did a little cleaning but mostly we just relaxed and played our respective games. Unfortunately, it didn't last long; the expedition returned soon, the kid displaying a split lip and a scraped chin. She had fallen on the playground. 

T.'s cousins left shortly after that. For dinner, I barbequed ribs. It was very low-effort, basically straight out of the package from the grocery store. My dad made margaritas. There were six people (me, the kid, T., T.'s mother, and both of my parents). I had planned to make a green salad and some other course, but T.'s mother volunteered to make both a potato salad and that green salad. Cool. After dinner, the after-care nanny came to deliver a birthday present and say hello since she had missed the party. Shortly after that, our friend C. came for similar reasons. 

I put the kid to bed. (I'm not sure whose turn it was, but I don't care, because she's leaving soon, so this will be the last chance for a while!) We all got to bed a bit early.

No comments: