Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Just as jet lag ends, car alarms start

Wordle 424 6/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I got up around 5 - so, not on the usual schedule yet, but closer. The kid got up early too and watched TV after she got ready. I biked her to camp. Closer than the YMCA camp two weeks ago, farther than school, and uphill, so it feels like it might be enough exercise. 

I wanted to go jogging in the morning, but I had a meeting at 10, it took the full hour, and there were a couple follow-ups. I didn't actually get out of the house until a little after noon. I only went about 2.6 miles instead of the usual 3. Not sure if biking earlier was more exercise than I realized, I had become out of shape (I haven't been jogging since before Spain, and even that wasn't a regular thing; I didn't go jogging for most of the two weeks the kid was at the YMCA camp), or the heat from going so late in the day (the weather yesterday and the day before was very mild compared to most of Spain, or July here, but it was still fairly warm and sunny in the actual afternoon), but I tired quickly. 

In the afternoon I got a concerning call from the camp. Apparently their records had her scheduled for a full day Monday, but only half-days the rest of the week. I discussed it with T. and apparently it was a misunderstanding, at least partly our fault. Whoops. Fortunately they'll be able to take her for the afternoons. We picked her up at 4. It was hard to separate her from Lily (?), a friend she had made. We stopped at the library briefly afterwards and got a DVD for me and a few more books for the kid. 

Dinner was pork chops and cauliflower. I overdid the chops and underdid the veggies. Oh well. They can't all be gourmet.

Bedtime was marred by some fucking car alarm right outside our house that kept going on and off for no apparent reason. It started while we were watching TV, seemed to stop for good on its own while T. was on the phone with the police, but restarted while we were in or on the way to bed, and happened again half a dozen times in the night. If it happened once or twice I'd guess the owner had just hit the alarm button, but no one was nearby and I can't imagine why anyone within range would choose to ignore it. We didn't see any sign of someone trying to break in, but it was bad enough I was tempted to vandalize the car, just to give it something to cry about. So I'm tired and grumpy this morning.

No comments: