Friday, August 12, 2022

The train ride

Wordle 419 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜

⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜

⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning we packed to leave Seville. I did as much of the packing as I could while T. and the kid had breakfast, but T. was stressed anyway, because of things she needed that I had packed too early or when we couldn't find one of the kids' toys. 

We went out of our way a bit for lunch, to a little hole-in-the-wall place that T. was interested in because it had her name. I was worried about the timing, but I have to admit that we got to the train station with half an hour to spare. 

The train to Madrid was comfortable compared to the planes, of course. I almost feel like the kid didn't appreciate it enough, but she could watch movies on her iPad either way, and is too young to care about things like public investment in infrastructure. Plane seats aren't too small for her either. 

For the first time of this trip, the three of us are staying at the same hotel as my parents. After getting settled we had a leisurely dinner at a nearby bar.

No comments: