Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Just a little bit sick

Wordle 409 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I made one mistake there, but still, that was tough. 

Yesterday morning the kid was hoarse and had a runny nose. But a covid test came back negative, so I biked her to camp anyway. We got there a little after 10. A little before noon, the camp called to say she had a headache and wanted to go home. So much for that... I drove to pick her up. 

In the afternoon we just worked with the kid around. She was well behaved enough. She napped a bit, read a bit, and moaned a bit (she is/was sincerely feeling sick, it's not just an act to get out of the camp she doesn't like). By 3:30, our meetings were over, so we let her watch TV. 

I felt kind of bad about taking her to the camp, but it wasn't covid, and I'm going to use a big chunk of my PTO soon, and it's hard to distinguish between her not liking the camp, her wanting to play with us in the morning and generally being an impulsive 7-year-old (but not avoiding camp specifically), and her being sick.

Dinner was tortellini and cauliflower. Easy, although it unfortunately heated up the kitchen. Muggy here.

No comments: