Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Lots of walking

Wordle 417 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜

⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜

🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

In hindsight I'm not sure why I did that with the 5th guess. 

My fitness app says I walked 8.46 miles yesterday. 

From our hotel to the Real Alcazar, a palace (fortress?) used by both the Moors until the 1400s or so and Spain's Christian royalty right up until the 20th century, and all around the huge complex. For the adults, the main attraction was the intricate tile work and stuff like that. For the kid, it was the hedge maze.

Back to our hotel by a longer route, with my parents. We stopped for a horse-drawn carriage ride, but the driver brought us back to where we started, so it didn't same us any walking. 

We showed my parents around out hotel and had drinks at the hotel bar. We went our separate ways around 5. They got a cab back to their hotel, and T., the kid, and I walked across the river to a bookstore I had seen on the map. We got the kid three books in Spanish (two Tintin, one Loud House). The bookstore turned out to be in a sort of mall and we had some shopping to do. We got dinner there. 

After all that, the kid and I walked up to the hotel pool, because she has to go swimming daily if possible. Unfortunately it was closing right when we got there. She only for to play in the water for 15 minutes or so. 

No comments: