Monday, August 01, 2022

Easy enough family day

Wordle 408 5/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Words with that letter combination seem rare.

Yesterday I actually managed to sleep in until 7. How decadent. I went jogging shortly after getting up. For breakfast, pancakes and bacon. In the later morning I took the kid to a playdate with a friend in the neighborhood she hasn't seen since roughly the start of summer. It was also nice for me to catch up with her dad. Immediately after that (like, I was checking my phone to see when we had to kick them out), we went to the pool to meet some friends from school. 

Unfortunately the scheduling didn't work out well. The pool date was originally planned for 2 with three families in addition to us. I looked at the weather yesterday morning, saw a high chance of rain, and suggested going earlier. One family agreed and got there at noon. I myself didn't make it there until around 12:30. Another family arrived probably between 1 and 1:30, so by the time they got there, the first family was kind of bored with it. The fourth family couldn't make it before 2 at all, and sure enough, it sprinkled a bit so we fled, and they didn't bother coming. However, it didn't really rain hard until like 5 that evening. Too bad for them!

In the afternoon we just hung out and tried to get some stuff done around the house. Dinner was air fryer chicken, leftover salad, and leftover quinoa - very easy. After that, T. planned some sightseeing for our upcoming trip and I played a card game with the kid. She's a poor winner and poor loser, but it was fun otherwise...

No comments: