Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Recovering from jet lag and stuff

Wordle 423 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we woke up early, as I said. We drove the kid to gymnastics camp at 9. She was nervous about not having fun or not knowing anyone there, and when we saw that she was one of the older kids there, I admit I was a little nervous myself. After dropping her off, we did some grocery shopping. We were out of basically everything perishable. Then, home. 

Work was basically just digging out my email. Some new messes came in while I was gone, some old ones hadn't moved and I sent out reminders. My teammates were busy and a lot of it were things that were my responsibility in some sense (one old task of mine suddenly became urgent, and two new ones came in that logically would have been my area), but I think I had basically done my due diligence, it was just bad luck/timing that they came up while I was gone.

My mouse hasn't been working well for a while. I guess it has just got dirty? So around 3 yesterday I biked to Target to buy a new one. Right after that we went to get the kid. It turned out she had fun. She didn't know anyone, but she seemed to make new friends there. Cool.

Dinner was spaghetti and sauteed squash. Easy. The kid tolerated a tiny bit of the vegetables.

No comments: