Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Progress, I guess

Wordle 431 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After the third guess, I had a one in three chance of getting it in 4, but I took the safe strategy and went for a certainty in 5.

Yesterday I started jogging at 7:02 AM and enjoyed sunny, cool-ish weather. Goal met. (I went the usual route in a decent time, but the goal for organization and motivation and stuff was met.) It was so nice, with the morning sun casting long shadows on the rowhouses, that I took pictures.

The big thing at work was this documentation task that has been open for literally two years. I've been available to work on it for most of that time, but the subject matter expert hasn't, or they needed input from a higher-up who wasn't. Or couldn't be bothered, or didn't understand the process, or something. We found a logical way to argue that the current effort could be considered "done" and publish our document. Any future input from the higher-up could be considered a new version. ("We": the task was mine, but it unexpectedly became my teammates' problem over my vacation, so they had thoughts about it too.) Even getting what we needed for that was like pulling teeth. Apparently the document was approved, but they had forgot to CC us on that email. Who else did they think cares about approval? Seriously.

Other than that, work was fine. Worked a bit on a task that started after my vacation. We had a meeting, which was productive enough. I fiiinally got to sending an email I had been planning for a week, which is extreme but then it was awkward and not actually urgent.

Dinner was spaghetti and a beet salad. Afterwards we walked to H St. for ice cream for dessert. The weather wasn't nice now. I had been inside the air-conditioned house basically all the time since the morning jog, but I almost felt like I needed a shower just from walking 4 blocks. 

We caught up on Only Murders in the Building before bed.

No comments: