Sunday, February 26, 2023

Around the house but busy

Wordle 617 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Yesterday brunch was a little late because we had company. I made the usual pancakes and bacon, she brought quiche, a good time was had by all. 

After 11 I drove her home because it was a longish walk and it was snowing (! Don't worry though, it never stuck on the ground), and I shipped my off my old work computer too. T. had asked me to go shopping and get dessert on the way home. I protested, but I had to admit we needed several other things, so I got them and grudgingly one dessert as well. I dithered about getting flowers as well, since T.'s birthday is coming up, but I think there will be a better time today.

We tried to fill the afternoon more or less productively. I did my full set of physical therapy around 2 or so. T. started the laundry while I was out. The kid managed to get a little more screen time after the usual morning, but we also got out a recent science kit present and made glow-in-the-dark worms, and I gave her a brief art lesson on perspective, and I took her to the park and we threw a Frisbee around. (Not productive, but physical activity and not screen time).

Around 5:30 a friend of the kid came over for what would be a sleepover. Dinner was pasta, glazed carrots, and asparagus. I might have skipped the asparagus but it was both small and had to be used up.

They mostly played by doing artistic stuff together, and watched one episode of the Who Was show, which they both like.

Bedtime was around 9, late for our kid. Around 1 AM I found them awake and told them to hush. Like usual I got up around 7 this morning and found them on the couch- not watching TV, but asleep. Heh. So I'm writing this on my phone in the kid's bedroom.

Musing

I decided that getting mad at T. about the dessert thing (or the impromptu party the night before, or generally how busy we've been) is pointless. Instead I should take more responsibility for my own actions or lack thereof. This may have helped with the productivity and active parenting today. This may also just take the form of being passive-aggressive but it's too early to say. 

No comments: