Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Good thing the kid behaved

Wordle 613 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This week is the kid's winter break. We have her in an ice-skating day camp. Dropoff for that is at 9, later than at school, so she had more downtime in the morning. She filled it with TV, of course. 

Work was moderately busy. 3 meetings, but I only had any actual role in one of them. Can't complain. They all filled time, though. And when I wasn't working, T. was. We did one load of laundry early (because there was an emergency, because the kid couldn't find clean underwear!), but cleaning the kitchen and washing and putting away the rest of the laundry didn't happen until later. I'd normally feel bad about this, but T. specifically doesn't want kitchen noise in meetings and I don't exactly blame her. Late in the day, discussing problems with a meeting, I suggested the possibility of going to the office in person but dismissed it for preferred alternatives. Too inconvenient.

Got the kid around 4:45. She was hungry and annoyed I wasn't there earlier. Considered going straight from skating to swim but stopped at home briefly. While she was swimming, I went to a store for more snacks - she had complained I didn't have enough, and I wish she had eaten more of the lunch we packed her in the morning, but I have to admit blaming her being hungry on what she did hours ago wouldn't be constructive.

Dinner was fried rice from the freezer for just her and me. T. was at a concert with a friend. The kid was surprisingly well-behaved, which is good considering the mood I was in by the late afternoon.

I went to bed around 10:30, she got home around midnight.

No comments: