Saturday, February 04, 2023

TGIF

Wordle 595 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I did my physical therapy first thing yesterday morning, before anyone else woke up. Good for me, but then, I didn't do it at all on Thursday. Starting off with a 50 percent compliance rate could be worse but could be better.

Getting the kid to school took longer than usual because we also helped set up a bit for that teacher appreciation event. It seemed more complicated than it had to be. Should we put the food on the table now? Maybe, but it's almost all lunch stuff, so maybe not!

It was the biweekly report day at work. Several were late. Some were done on time but they forgot to let us know. There must be an easier way to do this. Around/after that, I finished updating one of our old SOPs, spurred by the general documentation update effort, and created a page on the wiki by request. So a fairly busy day. 

We picked the kid up a bit earlier than usual, and her friend, because they were invited to a sleepover party. Woo hoo. Dropping them off went well enough. Then we went to the library to pick up a hold. Then home briefly to regroup and plan.

We settled on dinner at Lydia's on H, an afro-Caribbean restaurant. The food and cocktails were good. We got there around 6 and they only had their happy hour menu until 7, so dinner options were limited, but we made do. After that, dessert and additional drinks at the Queen Vic. 

As we were planning our evening, I was torn between doing something wild to take advantage of the kid being gone, and relaxing and staying out of the weather because it had been a long week and it was in the 20s. I think we hit a good balance. I'm glad we went to 2 places instead of just one and I'm glad neither of them was more than 5 blocks from home.

No comments: