Thursday, February 02, 2023

I should have procrastinated

Wordle 593 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Typical trip to school by car yesterday. 

Mostly uneventful work day. Most of it was focused on the review of our own documents, one of which became unexpectedly complicated. Wordsmithing our own document seemed harder than someone else's. With someone else's document, we often have to ignore the content because we aren't responsible for it and often aren't even capable of checking ourselves if it's correct, so we just focus on spelling, grammar, consistent fonts, etc. Not that there aren't enough problems with those to keep busy. But with our own, making sure that every single step of a fairly complicated process is exactly right, or at least specific enough to be useful and vague enough not to get anyone in trouble, is tricky!

So anyways, that was my workday, and I got it done and sent to my manager before logging off. Good enough. Then I went to the physical therapy appointment. When I made the appointment I thought this time and person probably wouldn't work out going forward because the location was a bit far away, but I kept the appointment rather than rescheduling and therefore putting it off even longer. Good for me, getting started on things, right? When I actually tried to get there I found it was even worse than I thought because the bridge was closed for repairs, and had been for months. Whoops. Using the Metro to get to Virginia is clearly no longer a part of my life. I actually considered the commuter train but managed to get there through Rosslyn and was basically on time.

The session was fine. Mostly diagnostic stuff and a few simple exercises. I just have to actually do them. 

On the way home I did a little grocery shopping at Giant. I mainly wanted hummus for our dinner plans last night, and I found several things but not the actual hummus. I was worried about being late to pick up the kid at this point so I called T. and had her meet me on the way to get the kid. With her, we stopped at Trader Joe's, and there we found hummus, and a few more things I couldn't say no to. I prefer shopping alone.

As soon as we were home and had unloaded, T. left again to go to an evening out with some friends, parents of other kids at the school. She had fun. Meanwhile I planned a dinner the kid could help with: falafel. It went well enough. It looked gross, she said, but she was happy enough to eat it, and it came out edible, without damaging anything despite the mess. Good enough. 

I got to bed a bit early, due to the night before and a general busy and stressful day, but still after 10.

No comments: