Thursday, February 09, 2023

Grumpy and just trying to relax

Wordle 600 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I had the house to myself for most of the day. I didn't do anything special about it other than generally try to relax. 

One meeting in the morning. I was in charge. It went well enough, but only because we reached out to the people we were meeting with to make sure they'd show up. It could be discouraging if we dwelled on it.

I mentioned trying to relax above - in theory this would have been a great time to work on raiding in WoW. Or if yesterday during the day wasn't great, Tuesday during the day might have been, but I didn't do it then either. It's just not much fun, especially compared to dungeons. Raiding used to be the endgame, and it's been one of my seasonal goals for years, but doing it with an established group is too hard to find/make the time for, and doing it with pickup groups is too hard. Or, worse, boring. Too much time waiting for the group to fill and explaining the fight and the plan for it. Conversely, I'm having a surprising amount of fun with my goblin alchemist mage. He has surpassed the warlock I thought I'd be spending more time on. Playing a mage is fast-paced, like my warrior, but very different in other ways. 

In the afternoon I went to physical therapy. The second and last in Alexandria. On the long bus and metro rides there and back, I just played games. I didn't even do anything as edifying as reading, I just zoned out and made blocks appear and disappear. Physical therapy itself was more strenuous than I would have expected based on the previous week. Forget about my bad plantar ligament, this was almost a full-body workout.

I walked home and then left immediately in the car to get the kid and T. The kid was able to play on the playground with a friend for roughly half an hour. That made dinner a bit later but no one really minded all that much. Dinner was risotto. Not my finest work, but better than the night before, and easy enough, and the kid ate an adequate amount. Good enough.

No comments: