Saturday, November 18, 2023

Headaches and self-indulgence

Wordle 882 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Getting the kid to school was fine yesterday, but other than that...

I called the mortgage company earlyish for a renovation form. Calling them has been on my to-do list for a few days. It wasn't productive; same as last time they told me to email their research office. But I got an email sent and our architect followed up forcefully, so hopefully this will be moving soon.

While working on that I went looking for some documentation in our safe but I couldn't get into our safe. It had a "low battery" warning and simply plugging it in was complicated, but even after doing so for what seems like it should be long enough, it won't open. Uh oh. 

While working on the safe I dealt with a horrible stink in the pantry. I took out the trash and recycling early and that seemed to help, but for a while I thought there was some dead animal in the walls. Ugh.

At work I got a SharePoint access request that seemed like it should have been simple, but really wasn't. My teammate resolved it but it's so confusing I feel obliged to follow up.

The day turned around late in the afternoon, when I cleared the latest raid on Normal in a pickup group on my warlock. This sounds disturbingly parasocial or antisocial to say that that's the good part of the day, but it's much earlier than usual. Either I got really lucky, or the new raid is much easier than usual, or I should have made my warlock my main a long time ago. (Or both. But then again, it's not all that surprising that the raid would go well on a warlock; let's see about dungeons before officially abandoning my previous main.)

After that and finishing work for the day I helped a friend move some furniture around for the baby's new room. Then I went to a school family gathering. It was fun. We normally can't stay at those too often. We had pizza for dinner there. On the way to gymnastics I dropped T. off at home because she wasn't feeling well. I got the kid to gymnastics, walked around a bit, and got a milkshake. If she knew, she'd be mad I hadn't got her one. Bad parenting? Maybe, but I considered going to a bar, I figured that would be even worse.

No comments: