Friday, November 10, 2023

Trying to appreciate the little things

Wordle 874 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to school, hopeful that it would be the last time she'd be a passenger. That depends in part on how this weekend goes, but it's nice to hope for things. On the way home I appreciated the scenery. DC doesn't get fall foliage like Vermont, of course, but it's still pretty to see the colors, especially when the morning sun cuts shadows through the trees. I actually tried to get a picture but couldn't get a good angle without standing in the middle of the street. 

It's the week of the biweekly report, and it's due a day early this week due to the holiday. At 8 AM only 3 reports were missing and I was feeling optimistic about the report. I also have a meeting every Thursday at 9 to take notes at so I tried to work on both at once and mostly succeeded. By 11 AM we were still missing two reports; my optimism was dampened. Even so, it could have been worse.

In Warcraft, the binge the day before made it advantageous for me to not to play much yesterday. Instead of going nuts by doing the same thing on yet another character or chasing infinitesimal upgrades, I did a few quick, easy things and otherwise dealt with work and real life. I'm not sure how long that healthy approach will last (and maybe it's simply burnout), but yesterday was a good time for it.

In the afternoon I walked to Eastern Market to get a haircut. But on the way I decided I needed some more lice treatment first. Hopefully I can get my hair cut next week. I still ran some errands.

After getting the kid from school, we met a friend of hers and her mother at Indigo and caught up. It's been a while. After dinner the kid's friend came home with us for a sleepover.

No comments: