Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Partial sick day

Wordle 886 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The kid wasn't feeling well yesterday, side effects from the shot, so we let her sleep in. I had a morning meeting, noticed that she seemed normal around 10, and took her to school then. 

Work was fine. One meeting before I took the kid to school, went well enough; one draft of a document sent; plus some emails. I spent less of my free time than usual on Warcraft and more on a writing project. Not exactly productive, but change is good in general.

Late in the afternoon I did some calisthenics while watching TV. Good for me. I regret putting it off until the last minute, though. I raced through a shower and getting dressed and into the car, and had agonizing cramps in my foot the whole way to school, probably because I didn't cool down properly. 

Right after I got there, T. called me to say that the kid wasn't feeling well. She had spent a lot of time in the nurse's office and "quiet corner" yesterday. Whoops. Shouldn't have sent her to school. Bad dad. I was confident she wasn't contagious, but should have been more confident she was actually up for it... so we skipped guitar, and just sat there until T. joined us, so she didn't have to walk home in the rain.

Dinner was spaghetti and broccoli.

No comments: