Tuesday, November 07, 2023

A good day in every respect but mentally

Wordle 871 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I started the day by shampooing the kid. Hopefully that's the end of the lice. Then I biked her to school. We're getting closer and closer to separate vehicles, but not quite there yet.

I was productive yesterday. Several phone calls and emails about personal stuff, mostly doctor's appointments. The psychiatrist's was particularly problematic. A few days ago their assistant recommended some tests for me. They sent me a PDF with few details. Yesterday I responded to ask about scheduling, after discussing T.'s availability, because I thought it would conflict with getting the kid to school. But I was getting ahead of myself because the test had to go through Labcorp. This was the first I heard of it. I spent 10 minutes on their Web site but couldn't figure out how to schedule something. Fortunately this is the lowest priority thing on my agenda.

I walked to the store around noon for some essentials and some physical activity. Work wasn't that great, but I still listened in one meeting and got started on one document. I'm reasonably optimistic about getting a draft of it out today. 

All this took a toll on my attitude. It's like I can only be productive by stressing myself out. (But then, in hindsight every one of those appointments was more trouble than it should have been. In addition to the Labcorp appointment, the podiatrist is new to me after failing to reach two others, I failed to make the kid's shots appointment online and it took two phone calls due to my mistake, and I had to call to confirm the dentist's appointment because they let me know informally and at the last minute. Of course I'd be frustrated!) T. noticed that I seemed short-tempered.

I biked to that dentist's appointment; it was uneventful other than the phone calls earlier. Another very physical day. Good for me. 

As soon as I got back, I started on dinner. I wished I hadn't made ribs. It takes time and there isn't any one particular rib recipe I'm good at/familiar with/confident of. I'm glad my dad was there. Around 6, the recipe I was following said there was still an hour to go, but my dad got out the meat thermometer and checked and it said they were fine. The oven was too hot, I guess.

No comments: