Thursday, September 22, 2022

Anniversary

Wordle 460 4/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school yesterday. 

At work I intended to get a training done, which required my corporate computer. The deadline on this training is 2 weeks away, but it's unpleasant, so I procrastinated. To do so, I worked out on the "exercise bike", dealt with issues with that biweekly report, tried to prepare for an upcoming presentation even though the person I needed to talk to was out, and thoroughly troubleshot problems I've had with the corporate computer. (And that's just the work-related "structured procrastination", not the time I spent on the "exercise bike" or fun stuff!) But eventually I stopped putting it off, opened the training page, and did a training. A training, as it turned out, but not the one that's due in two weeks. Ugh. So that's still hanging over my head. Oh well, the troubleshooting was relevant to the training..

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. One of those errands the day before was getting a card. After school was a back-to-school parent-teacher-conference event, but we arranged a quick meeting before it because the main event would conflict with our anniversary plans: dinner at the Kennedy Center and Hamilton. We meant to go straight from the school meeting to the Kennedy Center, but we forgot the kid's dress - it's a formal occasion! - so we had to go home. We were 20 minutes late for our dinner reservation but could still get it. 

The show was good. I'm not sure how much the kid got out of it. She's still young enough that a duel in a musical is pretty intense for her, and then there's the marital infidelity... Content aside, she was definitely crashing by the end. We got home after 11 PM.

No comments: