Sunday, September 18, 2022

H Street Festival

Wordle 456 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday the girls got up before me. At first they were just watching cartoons, which is typical enough. But I started making breakfast (pancakes and bacon) and soon after that they started playing with walkie-talkies and running around, so T. had a rude awakening.

After breakfast, we went to the farmer's market. We met the kid's friend's mother there and the kid hung out with her at their house for an hour. Then we all met at the H Street Festival. We walked around there for several hours, just seeing the sights and eating junk food. The kids liked the bouncy houses, plural, and the foam cannon. I unexpectedly ran into a co-worker who apparently has a side job/small business/whatever selling cool t-shirts. 

We took a break around 4 and went home. We did some laundry and played games on our did some laundry. That might have been it. There was more to see and do at the festival, but the kid only wanted to go back if her friend could. But that wasn't it, because her friend did go back. T. stayed home and relaxed, she was even more tired than me, and I took the kid straight to the bouncy house. On the way we tried to find another friend of hers but failed. The girls had fun in the bouncy house for a bit, but eventually got banged up by bigger kids. (I didn't see any bruises, but I can imagine it would have been scary.) So the kid wanted to go home. "I hate bouncy houses!", she said. Surprising words.

Dinner was sausages and a salad. Very, very easy.

No comments: