Thursday, September 08, 2022

Around the house

Wordle 446 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It had rained the day before yesterday and was cloudy in the morning, but wasn't actually raining, so I biked the kid to school. T. got herself to jury duty today.

Work was, once again, fine. The meeting originally scheduled for the day before yesterday was moved to yesterday. Productive but not difficult. I got a document approved and in the library and completed, which is always nice. 

In my ongoing quest to find a non-painful style of exercise, I got out a sort of rowing machine (squatting machine? It was a Christmas present from me to T., but she doesn't use it much lately) and used it while watching an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Good workout (and good show). I'm sore but only the kind of sore from working out, not from injuries. The only problems is I'd be worried about using it when other people in the house could be bothered. Maybe I can use that thing on workdays at a convenient time for T., and go jogging on weekend mornings before others are awake?

The kid had her guitar lesson this afternoon. I got her to it and read The Kaiju Preservation Society during her lesson. (Impulse buy last month but I've read several other books by the author.)

Dinner was a caprese salad and chicken with a vermouth/caper sauce. Haven't done that in a while.

During and after the kid's bedtime, there was a PTA-type meeting. I'm not sure how productive it was, but it was just an intro for this committee anyway.

No comments: