Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Busier than expected

Wordle 451 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday, as usual, I biked the kid to school. Later in the morning I worked out on the squat machine.

I came back to the computer after that to find the subject matter expert on a kind-of-slow-moving SOP asking me for a meeting. I didn't think it was needed, all my questions could have been addressed in the document itself, but OK, why not. In turned out that, in addition to him not seeing my comments in the document (I shouldn't overestimate familiarity with Word's comment system), he didn't understand why I was working on this. He had been in touch with someone else about this for weeks, but they hadn't bothered to tell him that they didn't actually work on this sort of thing. He had also been in touch with the client about this, so in the meantime it had become urgent. 

So work was a bit busier than usual, but not horrible. The meeting was productive in addition to informing him about the process, I got the information I needed to finish the document, it's just that actually doing so was more urgent than usual. I emailed it to the client for approval before logging off yesterday. Victory.

In the middle of the afternoon, T. asked me if I had paid for the kid's after-school care like I said I would a few days ago. I hadn't. Whoops. That reminded me to also pay for her school lunches, and schedule a doctor's appointment, which I'm slightly overdue for, and a dentist's appointment, which is more than slightly overdue. So it shouldn't have taken the reminders, but I'm on top of them for now...

We got the kid near the last minute. I kind of assumed she preferred that, so that she could play with her friends longer, but today she made it clear that she was the last to be picked up and was bored/lonely. Whoops. Earlier tomorrow, I guess.

Dinner was tortellini and peas. Healthy and vegetarian. Woo hoo.

No comments: