Friday, September 09, 2022

Tiring but not physically

Wordle 447 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm surprised it accepted my third guess. I was essentially filling in letters at random because I couldn't think of the actual word, which in hindsight was very common. Oh well, still got it in 4.

Yesterday I biked the kid to school. Traffic was as bad as ever. Someone tried to use the bike lane as a turn lane and I told them off (self-righteously and kind of recklessly, but I just couldn't believe it!). 

In the mid-morning, I dithered and waffled about how to get some exercise, and ultimately decided on nothing. (The squat machine seems good but I was still sore from the day before, and for that matter still am. My foot still hurts a tiny bit from jogging several days before. Biking might have been good but I couldn't convince myself to go far enough to actually get a workout or that certain errands were urgent enough.) While dithering on that, I wrote some personal emails I had been putting off, so good for me for using structured procrastination. I also did some dinner prep, although not before giving up on exercise.

T.'s trial ended this afternoon, and so did my having the house to myself. Not that it actually matters, it just meant I had to use headphones for my computer noises... 

We got the kid around 5:35. Not sure if she likes us getting her at the last minute or not. She likes playing with her friends, but if they're gone before her, it's not fun.

Dinner was a steak (it was big, but split three ways it wasn't fancy, I wish I had done that differently), a beet salad, and quinoa. It was my turn to put the kid to bed. It went OK.

Around 3:30 in the morning I was waked up by leg cramps so bad I had to walk them off, and was on the verge of taking an aspirin. Yet another reaction to my exercise attempts, or random fuckery?

No comments: