Friday, April 07, 2023

A normal workday plus family

Wordle 657 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I dropped the kid off at school with my nephew for company. While we were gone T. walked to work. Shortly after I got back, I had a meeting, and my sister took her son to the Museum of Natural History to see the dinosaurs and stuff. While they were gone I had a normal workday, or more relaxing than normal. My morning meeting was busier than usual, but both meetings scheduled for the afternoon were cancelled. I finished a draft of one document.

My sister and her kid got back around 2 or so, tired from walking around the museum (and about halfway home). A little after 3, the three of us went to get my kid from school. I've never actually picked her up at pickup time. Traffic was as bad as I would have guessed. 

We took her away from a Girl Scout event, which I hadn't known about. We probably wouldn't have done anything differently if I had known, but at least we would have planned it better and let them know about it in advance. Then we drove to REI. (We'd normally walk there if coming from home, but it's on the way from the kid's school.) My sister wanted to look for a raincoat for her son, among other things, and while we were there I wanted to look for a new medium-weight winter coat since my leather jacket is falling apart. When we didn't actually need the kids' opinion on clothes, they played hide and seek and spied on us. Oh well. Didn't cause trouble as far as we know.

T. walked from there and joined us. By the time we finished shopping it was around 5, so we went home to drop stuff off and left soon after for dinner. We went to a taco/quesadilla place near H Street. We liked it but it was too weird for the kids. Glad we didn't try to take them anywhere fancier than these two places for dinner. It rained while we were there and we got soaked on the way home. 

After getting home the kids decorated Easter cookies from a kit T. had bought. In the evening T. tried to reserve parking at the zoo for a trip today but was surprised that not only was that not possible, going to the zoo would require an entry pass, which we had never heard of before. Luckily we could get one for tomorrow, but this requires changing some plans.

Bedtime was better than the night before, but still not great. They entertain each other too much. I did my physical therapy - most of it, the parts I could do without props - at literally the last minute before bed.

No comments: