Wednesday, April 26, 2023

A tiny bit of insanity is fun

Wordle 676 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday was busy but there's not much to say about it. Biked the kid to school on schedule. Had two meetings at work, both busy and productive. One was our team meeting so it involved dealing with some almost-arguments we had put off while our supervisor was gone, so it was kind of stressful because of personality conflicts involving this guy, but everyone was professional and diplomatic in the moment. I sent out a monthly report, which included organizing things a bit. I need to get to a few more follow-ups from the vacation or earlier soon.

At 5 T. walked home and we went to get the kid to swim class. We were a little late, but so was the teacher so it didn't matter. I went for a walk during most of the class. Better exercise than nothing.

Dinner was a stir-fry, including some leftovers and a new vegetable mix from Costco. T. and the kid didn't appreciate the mushrooms in the kit but I think it came out OK for something so easy, and appreciated the variety. It's hard to find something to do on swim nights. 

Maybe insanity is overstating it but spontaneity is fun

The title is in reference to events in Warcraft. In the regular weekly reset, the game introduced a bug, where a crafter needs to have all the materials for an item to craft it, where before they weren't needed if the buyer supplied them. This is a pain, especially in the case of Concentrated Primal Infusions, which requires doing 10 high-level dungeons to get. I had two-tenths or three-tenths of one just because, considered getting another for personal use, but didn't bother because the next patch was so close. 

But I got several people interested in items I could craft and willing to pay good sums for them, and just getting reagents for anything was a pain, and getting this last reagent was a much bigger pain but would also have a benefit to my character as well, so I got started on it. Did two dungeons yesterday, where normally I might only do one for the week and not this early, and they went well and were fun. I think I'm going for that infusion of my own after all, even though the crafting orders people had submitted have expired. 

Dungeons have been my favorite part of the game for a while and if they hadn't gone well I'd feel differently, but still, this is a reversal of my attitude about my main hobby in recent weeks. Just a reminder that challenges and spontaneity are fun.

No comments: