Saturday, April 01, 2023

Rough work day, productive personally

Wordle 651 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

As usual, dropped the kid off at school.

It was the biweekly report day at work. It didn't go well. Multiple reports late, some miscommunications about data, and our usual managers were out so we had to handle it ourselves. Ugh. Also, one of the documents we've been trying to get updated got increased management interest. I think it was productive and we have a good plan for it (at least, good plan for our team), but who knows. Also, someone reached out to me about something I had been putting off, which is always embarrassing.

Despite that, I felt OK. Maybe my mood is purely a chemical issue unrelated to how life is going. In the afternoon I went jogging (almost the usual route from eight or so months ago but not quite), so let's get that positive feedback loop going.

T. came home shortly after that and discussed a grocery list verbally. She asked for cinnamon rolls. I did a little comic inventorying before we both went to get the kid from school to gymnastics. While she was in there I did the shopping and also got Chinese/Korean takeout for dinner. When we got home, we found that I had forgot the cinnamon rolls. Ugh. My memory is famously bad, but T. also suspected I had done it on purpose for health reasons. That stung a bit (wait a minute, what's wrong with shopping healthy?), so while she was reading to the kid, I did the math and decided I could drive to the store for the cinnamon rolls. On the way I got gas. Two pumps weren't working so I had to prepay. Leaving that I drove over a construction sign on the ground and had to check to make sure I hadn't done any damage. Parking was hard when I got home too. But getting the cinnamon rolls was uneventful...

No comments: