Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Good reasons to be tired

Wordle 661 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got out of bed around 5:30 yesterday - like I said, didn't sleep well. Started the day with yoga - exercise 1, day 3. At this point it's just stretching and breathing exercises. Not a panacea but there are worse ways to start the day. 

Had breakfast and got the kid to school uneventfully and had the house to myself - T. would normally be home Mondays, at her new job, but had some in-person meetings. Generally low on motivation and organization yesterday while at home, as is typical for days when I'm short on sleep. Low executive function. For what it's worth I did take the next steps on trying to sell my comic book collection: verify that I could buy the right size of boxes at the nearest store, and respond by email to the two people who expressed interest.

I left on time for the physical therapy this time. That went well enough. More strenuous than usual. Still not intense aerobic exercise, but more than I'd expect just from doing the stretching exercises around the house. After that, a quick stop at the phone store for a new charger because mine has been finicky lately, although I haven't opened the package because I'm not sure the old one wasn't just dusty. I wanted a new case but they didn't have my model. After that, home for some quick, minor chores around the house and one work email, and then out again to get the kid. The guitar lesson went well. T. met us around when it ended and we drove home.

At home I had one chore to do on my computer, paying some kid-related bills, and I also ordered a noise-cancelling headset from Target for pickup today. Let's see if this helps the sleep issues. After that I took the kid to the park. We wound up spending over an hour there, playing with friends and strangers. I took a couple laps of the park to stay active, but with my errands earlier I had already reached my step goal for the day. Good for me. 

Dinner was pasta and leftover salad. Once again, easy and fast. I feel like I should challenge myself more, but why mess with something that works well? And this week is a bad time for it considering that we're traveling soon.

Slept better last night than the night before. Maybe the secret is just to exhaust myself? I hope not, for many reasons.

No comments: