Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter

Wordle 660 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I wanted to start the day with exercise, but didn't feel up for a walk after the day before, so I got out that yoga book. Exercise 1, day 2, if it even counts with such a long gap in between.

Pancakes and bacon for breakfast, despite some anxiety about it - haven't we had enough sugar lately? Shortly after that we went to meet some friends at a park for a casual Easter gathering. Grownups hid eggs, kids looked for them and climbed trees and generally played, everyone snacked a bit.

After that we went home and just relaxed for about an hour. Then a short walk to a library to return an overdue book. While out there, a neighborhood parent texted and asked if the kid was interested in a playdate. Of course! So they spent about an hour in the park near the house playing, and incidentally we caught up with the parents. We also bumped into a former neighbor who had moved overseas and was back visiting, so that was nice. I also called my parents just to say hi. 

Dinner was grilled lamb chops, roasted cauliflower, and mashed potatoes. More elaborate than usual, but T. asked for it for Easter.

Over the past few days I've continued to work on my comic book collection. Yesterday after several passes downgrading things from the "probably keep" category, I got up to a roughly 50/50 split between books to keep and books to sell/give away. Getting the number to give away any higher would require tough choices. Unfortunately I have five long boxes and 50/50 doesn't divide evenly. At this point I'm planning to buy a short box or two and sell 2.5 long boxes but let's see how well that works.

Didn't sleep well last night. Looking into noise-cancelling headphones or something like that.

No comments: