Monday, April 24, 2023

Relaxing despite laundry, shopping, and Scouts

Wordle 674 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I got up around the usual time, as horrifying as it sounds under the circumstances. I got the kid up after 8 to start getting her back on the usual schedule. Breakfast was simple, eggs and toast, since we were out of a lot of things. 

We did a load of laundry, then went to Costco for some of what we needed. (I didn't want to let T. go alone because of her shopping habits, e.g. junk food. She wound up going in without me anyway because the gas station line was so long. But, hah! I found her before she got anything on the list because she was so busy getting gardening supplies!) After that, home for lunch, leftover pizza, and more laundry. Then I took the kid to a Cub Scouts meeting. We biked. It required less involvement by me than most. Can't complain.

After that, I took her by another grocery store on the way home, for all the stuff we wouldn't want to get at Costco. Then home. The kid helped her mother garden for a bit and then got to play with her friend from across the street.

Dinner was chicken and broccoli. Not my finest work but edible. 

What I didn't do: everything else. I didn't deliberately exercise, biking on an ebike doesn't count, although I just barely hit my phone's step goal by running the various errands. I didn't do my physical therapy and I was also bad about it over the past week. I figured I was getting in enough activity otherwise, but maybe that should have made it a higher priority, not lower. And I played the usual Warcraft for a Sunday, but nothing too exciting went on.

No comments: