Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Comic sorting and afternoon errands

Wordle 655 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I dropped the kid off at school yesterday like usual, and then dropped T. off, not at work but at a doctor's office for a blood test, only a block off the usual route.

Work: three meetings, but all were easy. In between I finally, completely finished inventorying my comics. A few statistics: 

  • 1,325 total, publication dates ranging from 1980 to 2022, although it's hard to be exact because I didn't track that exactly. Maybe I need to redo all this! Ugh. 
  • 153 issue 1s. Also five issue 0s, one issue -1, and a few decimals.
  • 14 different publishers, counting Marvel and Marvel France as one. 930 issues are Marvel, 214 DC, most of the rest are Image.

I also worked on categorizing them by how much I want to keep them. Still have a couple hundred to go.

Around 3:30, T. and I both logged off work for a few errands. First to a car wash because the car was dirty in general and we're expecting company. Then to Costco for Easter candy for the kids. I'm ambivalent about this. Like we don't have enough junk food in the house. Oh well, they'll have fun. Then to school to pick up the kid. She made it difficult. Apparently playtime had just barely started and I was cruelly taking her away from it. 

From there to the swim lesson. While T. watched, I went for a short walk. Not a lot, just to get close to my step goal for the day. 

Dinner was fried rice. Afterwards I put away my comics, including two boxes in the shelf over the closet, which I'm never doing again. (Literally! I'll bring them down one more time to sort as needed for sale, get rid of at least two boxes and hopefully three before we renovate the house if I have to recycle them, and from now on store them somewhere easier to reach.)

No comments: