Saturday, April 08, 2023

Change of plans: museum

Wordle 658 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I worked about an hour in the morning on those trainings but mostly took the day off. T. worked a full half-day. Her working and not me is very unusual. While she worked, my sister and I took turns supervising the kids and getting ready, outside when possible. When I was supervising them, I walked in loops around the park.

Around noon we all got in the car and drove to the Air & Space Museum. There was some confusion and delays about getting started (walk in, need to use the bathroom, there's a line, after that the kids were hungry but the on-site food option had a very long line around noon, so T. went back to the car to get the snacks, and then we had to find an authorized snack area...) but once we did, it was fun. It was new to me and my sister and nephew, but not T. and my kid. The kids' attention span was reached around 2 PM. Then we had a late lunch there. The line was shorter but still slow, and the kids don't eat much, so we didn't get the food until after 3, so it was basically dinner. 

Then home, and Easter-related stuff. We nibbled on the cookies from the night before while making candy eggs from a kit T. got and coloring actual eggs. While my sister and I put the kids to bed, T. hid Easter eggs for them to find this morning.

No comments: